Log in – Log Out – etc
Search this Blog
- Why You Should Buy Local Food: 10 Reasons
- Labour and Brexit …
- Serious implications for the Labour Party …
- Local dictators …
- Labour needs a Westminster Leader.
- A cautious welcome to Drake Park …
- Creating a ‘Hersham Community Council’.
- ‘Labour Yes’ should promote a post-austerity message for Europe.
- Let’s make a tenants ‘right to buy’ a human right.
- Is the PM trying to hoodwink the electorate?
- A quote worth thinking about …
- Please sign the petition …
- One ‘United Kingdom’…
- A voting lottery …
Author Archives: Dr Peter Jepson
Pharmacy chaos at St Peter’s Hospital I recently spent a spell in St Peter’s Hospital, Chertsey, and was exceedingly impressed by the work, devotion, and expertise of the Health Care Assistants and Nursing, staff. That being said, I experienced and … Continue reading
1) Food grown locally tastes far better than imported produce. Yes, some vegetables might look wonky but the flavour they are bursting with surely make up for that. Locally grown food is likely to arrive on your dinner table within … Continue reading
There is no doubt that Owen Smith establishes a politically appealing argument when he states that there should be a second EU referendum. The logic being, possibly before Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty is invoked, that the people should … Continue reading
The recent decision of the National Executive Committee of the Labour Party to suspend ALL Labour Party branches throughout the UK has extremely serious implications for democracy and the Labour Party. Many activists within the Labour Party see an expansion … Continue reading
Many people have criticised the National Executive Committee (NEC) of the Labour Party for their decision to suspend all UK branches of the Labour Party. Indeed, it has frequently been referred to as indicative of a dictatorship that is undermining … Continue reading
We all know that Nicola Sturgeon is the Leader of the Scottish Nationalist Party. However, the SNP also have a Westminster Leader in Angus Robertson MP. Logically, the reason for this is because Nicola leads in the Scottish Parliament and … Continue reading
Drake Park (1) are a set of outline plans to build homes on land adjacent to Field Common Lane, Walton-On-Thames. Those plans were withdrawn and some amended plans (Drake Park 2) have been submitted. There is no doubt that the proposals … Continue reading
The electoral Boundary Commission review, requested by Elmbridge Borough Council, has resulted in Hersham being split up. Indeed, significant parts of what was Hersham North and Hersham South, have been moved into nearby Esher or Weybridge. We are left … Continue reading
As a pro-European I welcome the formation of a ‘Labour Yes’ campaign group. However, I note that it is being: “… jointly chaired by Pat Glass, Labour MP for North West Durham, and Phil Wilson, MP for Sedgefield. The group … Continue reading
Let’s make a tenants ‘right to buy’ a human right. The Government seem intent on drafting a British Bill of Rights. Obviously, such a Bill must include freedom of expression, freedom from discrimination etc. Indeed, it seems inevitable that all … Continue reading